To understand Bus Topology, we’ve to understand Network Topology first.
once determinant that topology or combination of topologies to use: the sort of computers put in, type of cabling, the cost of components, distance between
each laptop and also the speed with that knowledge should travel round the network.
The ordinarily used physical network topologies area unit bus, star and ring.
Advantages of bus topology are:
- Low traffic network, since solely touch of devices are allowed within the network.
- Inexpensive as a result of it desires a server, digital computer, Associate in Nursing LAN, cable, and network interface cards.
- Bus topology use short length cable that decrease the installation value. it’s easy and simple to take care of.
Disadvantages of bus topology are:
- If drawback happens on the backbone “cable”, the complete network can go down.
- Troubleshooting may be troublesome.
- Limited to future addition of alternative devices.
Star topology is that the commonest topology in use these days. In a topology, every device features a dedicated purpose to purpose link solely to central controller “hub”. A hub is a rectangular box-shaped device with multiple plug-in points called ‘ports’. Groups of knowledge area unit routed through the hub and sent to the hooked up nodes, therefore reaching their destinations.
In the ring topology, nodes area unit connected to every in a very control system by one communication cable. Data transfers in one direction, from one node to another around the ring. Thus, the info packets flow into on the ring in either dextrorotary or anti-clockwise direction. As a packet circulates past every station, the destination station recognizes its address on the packet header, and copies the packet contents onto itself. After a packet travels a full circle, it is removed at the source station. A ring topology is also called loop network.
Thank You for visiting us.
Visit again for daily updates and more tech related information.
You May Also Like: