After iOS 13, every iPhone owner can connect their devices to Xbox Controller. Wireless controllers like Xbox Controllers and PS4 controllers can be connected easily to iPhone. The Xbox controller can be used by playing numerous games available in App Store. However, the latency of the controller can be seen while playing the game but it ain’t that much of a problem. It’ll be fixed eventually in the next update for sure.
It’s so much fun using the controller on iPhone. I’ve tried with GTA V and it was really awesome experience. It was kind of hard without the controller but still playable. And after connecting the Xbox controller, it was different then. It’s for sure, you’ll feel the difference too.
In this article, I’m going to show you the way to Connect Xbox Controller to iPhone within few steps.
Steps to Pair Xbox Controller with iPhone
These steps are for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or MAA as well. Now let’s connect your wireless controller to play games on your Apple device:
- Turn ON your Xbox controller by pressing the Xbox button.
- Enable the Pairing mode on your Xbox (Press and hold the Connect button).
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Click on Privacy and Tap Bluetooth.
- Find the Xbox Controller and Tap on it (Usually, you can find the device under the OTHER DEVICES option)
- Now you might need to enter PIN or Passkey. (If you’re not sure about the PIN, check your accessory instructions)
- Now your Xbox controller and iPhone are Paired.
List of Controllers Supported by iPhone
Here is the list of wireless controllers that the iPhone supports. You can connect these controllers and start playing games.
- Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth (Model 1708)
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
- Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Xbox Wireless Controller Series S and Series X
- PlayStation Dualshock 4 Wireless
- PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless
- other Bluetooth Controllers made for iOS
Possible Reasons & Troubleshoot Tricks if your Controller doesn’t Connect
There are lots and lots of possible reasons that your iPhone and Xbox controllers are not connecting with each other. Below are the few reasons and possible troubleshooting tips provided by Apple Officials in case your Xbox Controller doesn’t connect to your iPhone.
- Unpair and Pair it again.
- Be sure, you’re not trying to connect multiple Bluetooth devices at once. Apple Tv supports up to two different controllers only.
- Update the Xbox Controller Firmware if necessary.
- After being connected some features are still un-supported in Apple device.
Otherwise, try to Contact Official Apple Support Center.
Thank You for your Precious time!
Visit again for daily updates and related information.